Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Settling in Cannes

My one night in Nice was nice... haha just read that line and it looks a little funny... lol

Aside from my 4 hours of sleep all was well except I locked my bag with a combination lock I bought from the London airport, then accidentally reset the password and suddenly couldn't get in it! Having just spent 5 Euros on a damn lock and then having to break it the next morning, didn't get me off to the best start... but oh well c'est la vie as they say.

After breakfast, I packed up and got a ride to the airport bus stop. Once again I was on the no. 23 bus back to the Nice airport for my rendezvouz with my the Cannes people.

When I arrived, I finally found Katie (a cute little chick from SD) who could speak French. We chit-chatted about the program as I expressed my excitement. After 30 mins I found myself on the shuttle to my final destination for the next two weeks! Cannes here I come!

Villa Maupassant Hotel will be my home while in Cannes.


I share the suite with three other girls.

In my room is Jade- a 30 year-old caucasian/chinese Australian girl, who's also a struggling actress. She recently moved to London to try and "make it big."
I sleep on the bed on the right side.

In the other room is Jennifer - a 23 year-old black British girl who's studying in D.C. and
Candice - an Orange County native from USC who's also studying in London for the summer.

Everyone's really sweet... I get along with all of them... so far so good.

This is my view from the room.

After settling in we had a long meet and greet until about 1am (great idea for the jet-lagged people who just flew 15 hrs to get here). Everyone flew in from around the globe, but mainly US of course. A lot of NYU students, Howard University students, as well as other Boston schools, some from Virginia and just four from L.A. Everyone else? Who cares... lol

I decided to call it a night but found myself restless once again. I got about two hours of sleep... normal for jetlag... then it was on to my first real day in Cannes...

To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sis,

    I've read your posts on your blog so far. You're a good writer! Keep the posts comming...

    =) =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Azon just sent me an email today with your link. Had no clue what it was until I saw your face on the profile. Awesome trip!! Keep them coming. I'll be following you too. -Ate Vera

    ReplyDelete